Neuberger Berman is aware of certain fraudulent and illegal activities where its name, logo, and identity, have been exploited by unknown perpetrators involved in various investment scams. These perpetrators employ a range of methods to target individuals, such as fake social media accounts, deceptive websites/domains, emails, texts, phone calls, mobile applications, dating applications, comparison websites, and social messaging platforms. In attempts to appear legitimate, they may even use the names, titles, or photos, of genuine Neuberger Berman employees. It is crucial to exercise caution when dealing with unsolicited investment proposals, requests for personal information, and cold calls or emails, as Neuberger Berman does not engage in investment solicitation in this manner. Prior to making any investment decisions, please speak to your Neuberger Berman contact or investment advisor via a verified telephone number or email address and initiated by you. It is important to be vigilant and stay alert to potential scams.
Specifically, please remain cautious of the following:
- Unsolicited investment proposals or requests for personal information received by nonverified persons.
- Requests to make payments to bank accounts in the name of individuals, third parties, unknown company names, or through payment intermediaries.
- Any changes in domains (emails/websites) that occur during the course of communications. Please note that individual Neuberger Berman employee emails end in @nb.com or @nbchina.com.
- Offers of unrealistically attractive returns that seem too good to be true.
- Urgency expressed to complete an investment or make a payment.
- Requests to make additional payments to release investments that have already been made.
- Poor spelling and grammar in communications or documents.
- Requests to send money via social media messaging apps and/or platforms.
If you suspect that you have fallen victim to fraud, it is essential to contact your bank immediately, as the bank may be able to assist in the recovery of funds. Additionally, it is crucial to report the incident to law enforcement in your jurisdiction immediately.
If you come across any suspicious activities or scams purporting to involve Neuberger Berman, please reach out to us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us combat fraudulent schemes.
For information on how to keep yourself safe from scams or fraudulent activity, please review the following information:
United StatesFederal Bureau of Investigation