Description of Service
Your Registration Obligations
In consideration for your use of this Site, you agree: (a) to provide true, accurate, current, and not misleading information about yourself as prompted by the site’s registration form (hereinafter, “Registration Information”) and (b) to maintain and promptly update the Registration Information to keep it true, accurate, and current. If you provide, or if Neuberger has reason to believe that, information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or misleading, or if you misuse the Site, Neuberger may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate your membership to the Site and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site or any portion thereof.
Member Account and Account Security
Privacy and Data Security
Your Registration Information and certain other information about you are subject to our Online Privacy Statement, to which you must consent, while registering to use the Site. Please review the Online Privacy Statement.
Review, Retention and Supervision of Messages
You understand and agree that any messages transmitted to, from or copying a Neuberger employee are subject to review, retention and supervision by Neuberger. Such review, retention and supervision may occur in a location other than where you or the employee is based. When using this Site, Neuberger employees must comply with Neuberger’s Electronic Communications policies and procedures and all other related policies.
You acknowledge and agree that the messages or other data you post or transmit through the Site (for example, through your user profile) is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. This means that you, and not Neuberger, are entirely responsible for all content that you submit, upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit through the Site.
You agree to not use the Site or any programs associated with it:
- to submit, upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or otherwise objectionable;
- to “stalk” or otherwise harass or harm others;
- to impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Neuberger employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- to forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any messages transmitted through the Site;
- to submit, upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (including but not limited to inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or which is subject to nondisclosure agreements or other contractual requirements);
- to download any file posted by another user of the Site that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot legally be distributed in such manner;
- to submit, upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of Neuberger or any other party;
- to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose without the express permission of Neuberger;
- to use the Site’s e-mail feature or other messaging functionality to conduct business pertaining to Neuberger products or services;
- to submit, upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of unauthorized solicitation;
- to interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site;
- to violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law.
Ownership of Site, Trademarks and Copyrights
The name and mark, “Neuberger Berman” and other trademarks on the Site are trademarks and service marks or registered trademarks or service marks of Neuberger. All material posted to the Site is owned by or licensed to Neuberger. Neuberger reserves all rights with respect to copyright and trademark ownership of all material on the Site, and may enforce such rights to the full extent of applicable law.
Nothing on the Site shall be construed as granting any license or right to use any image, trademark, service mark or logo. Downloading, copying or printing individual pages and/or parts of the Site is meant for personal use, and will not transfer title to any software or material on the Site to you. Explicit attribution to Neuberger must be made in the event that the material, or any part thereof, is reproduced in any form, print or electronic. Furthermore, any reproduction, re-publication or distribution of this material requires the express prior written consent of Neuberger.
Neuberger reserves the right, in its sole discretion to review, post, reject or remove any material for any reason. By submitting or posting material to or through the Site, you grant Neuberger a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, and disseminate that material in connection with the operation and promotion of Alumni Network, including, without limitation, the right to use your name and likeness and to publish the personal information you submit for your profile in any form, print or electronic.
No Offer and Solicitation and Distribution
This Site is not directed at, or intended for distribution to or use by, any person or entity that is a citizen or resident of or located in any jurisdiction where such distribution, publication, availability or use would be contrary to applicable law or regulation or which would subject Neuberger to any registration or licensing requirement within such jurisdiction. Nothing on this Site shall constitute an offer or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any products or services, including but not limited to any securities, financial instruments or other investments or investment advice. The information in the Site is descriptive of Neuberger as a whole and provides networking abilities to certain of its current and former employees and to alumni of its predecessor firms.
Neuberger will not treat users of this Site as its clients by virtue of them accessing it or using it.
No Warranty; No Liability; Indemnification
Modification/Termination of Service
Links to Other Websites / Content of Other Providers
Activating certain links on this Site may cause you to leave this Site. Such links, addresses or hyperlinks are provided solely for your convenience and information. Neuberger has not reviewed any of the websites linked with or connected to this Site, or which provide links to this Site, and does not accept any liability for their contents, the offered products or services or any other offers. Using links from this Site to any website not owned by Neuberger is at your own risk.
This agreement and the relationship between you and Neuberger shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the State of New York, and to initiate any action against Neuberger related to the Alumni Network or the Site solely in such courts. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU WAIVE TRIAL BY JURY OF ANY AND ALL ISSUES THAT ARISE IN ANY ACTION UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW RELATED TO THE ALUMNI NETWORK OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
The “Neuberger Berman” name and logo are registered service marks of Neuberger Berman Group LLC.